Chickpea Cassoulet with Tomatoes and Chard

I decided that I must use up some ingredients in the fridge today, so I made Chickpea Cassoulet with Tomatoes and Chard. This gave me chance to use up some chickpeas, some red pepper, 1/2 a tin of tomatoes and lots of the chard and some rosemary from the garden. I like it when I stumble across a recipe when I not only have the ingredients, but they need using up too. The recipe is featured on the http://www.vegweb.com/ site. I didn't follow the recipe exact, I did a few subsitutions based on some of the comments. You certainly don't need as must pasta as the recipe lists. Half the amount and you will still feed 4. Basically I find it better to half the pasta and increase the other ingredients, otherwise there is just too must pasta. I didn't use cheese either as I didn't have any and it saved putting the dish in the oven, therefore saving time and electricity! I just love the vegweb site. I have been looking through it today for blackberry recipes and have loads to try now. Must go and do some more foraging tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment