This weeks recipes .....

Haven't had time to post this week. I have been walking and foraging as usual. Went to Beacon Fell the other day which was beautiful. Next time I shall take some photos! This week I have made:

Rosehip syrup - won't bother posting recipe, there is plenty on the web.

Pumpkin and root vegetable stew (from credit crunch book) basically diced pumpkin, onions, garlic, carrots, parsnips, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, paprika, stock, beans and lovely it was too.

Mushroom and chestnut pate - basically mushroom, onions, spices, tinned chestnut puree, I made it too sloppy, as I added more mushrooms than what it said, so as to use them up. When I next make it, will post recipe.

Cornish pasties - basically diced potato, carrot and swede with realeat veggie mince in puff pastry. Loaded with calories and very delicous.

Raw houmous - as per normal recipe only using sproated chickpeas instead of cooked. I also added fresh parsley. I wouldn't eat it on its own, but with salad etc, it was lovely.

Chocolate cake, Vanilla cake - made from recipe on vegweb and then from both of them a battenburg cake, by cutting, layering, covering with jam and marzipan. This tasted better than the individal cakes. I just love marzipan.

No comments:

Post a Comment