Tomato olive sandwich spread

Yes another sandwich spread, well I don't want to be asked what you put inbetween two slices of bread and not have plenty of answers!!

Well this was a more of a how to turn something you don't like into something you do. You see I don't like olives, but wanted to attempt olive tapenade, just incase I liked it, even though I don't like olives on there own and I know an olive lover if all else failed. You see I don't like to waste food, so firstly I started to make the tapenade and didn't like it, so kept adding ingredients until I did!!

Green olives.
Olive oil
Breadcrumbs
Tomatoes
Tomato puree
Basil leaves and stalk

I basically started with a jar of olives, added some oil to make the right sort of consistancy for a spread, then added breadcrumbs to thicken, as I didn't like it at this stage I added a few cherry tomatoes, a good squirt of tomato puree, some basil and more breadcrumbs.
Well it turned out very nice in the end and I still like it today. I had it in a salad sandwich yesterday and on toasted naan bread today.

So don't be afraid to experiment, by adding lots of ingredients, perhaps breadcrumbs to thicken, oil or other liquid to thin, until the right consistancy is reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment