Sewing

Trashion, Upcycling, Recycling, Recrafting, Reconstucting clothes

Whatever you want to call it, making something new out of old clothes can be fun and unique. You may of noticed some of the blogs I follow or am subscribed to are blogs to do with this subject. I haven't done any sewing for a long time, but have been working part time in a sewing and craft shop for a few weeks and the bug is starting to surface again. So far I have resisted buying any fabric or crafts as much as there is some lovely things. However after being offered some free patterns at the weekend, I shall be indulging soon and I will show you some of my creations. I am going to try to buy my material/clothes (for the fabric) from charity shops, but with the occasional new piece of fabric from work, as one of the patterns is crying out for a particular fabric that we stock and the top should only cost about two quid to make hopefully and is just like one that I saw in a fashion shop last week. (Yes, I do look in the shops, even though I rarely buy! I have a £10 gift voucher for a fashion store that I got given recently and I still can't decide what to spend it on, so I will just keep looking weekly until I decide.)

Some of the projects that I have my eye on trying, I will share with you now, as it could take me some time to get round to doing them all and you might just want to indulge in this great hobbie too.

The Anti-Ugg Boot: 10 DIY Boots and Slippers You Can Make Making boots and slippers from old sweaters and upcycled materials are a toasty warm DIY solution for keeping the chill at bay. I especially like the sweater boots.

Making mittens and a hat out of a jumper

Making a cardigan top out of a jumper

Tardis tissue box cover

CD earrings and necklace

I used cut up CDs so many times in my card making and other craft projects, but not jewellery, so I look forward to trying this one.

Using free printable labels to decorate tins or jars etc

Velvet slippers

No comments:

Post a Comment