Tangy bean pate

I made this recipe based on this one from weezls blog, with a few slight changes from the original as I wanted to add the oil in at the end to not lose the omega 3's contained in the oil, but I found it a soft enough pate without, so opted for adding ground flax seeds for my omega 3 component.

1 can low sodium baked beans in tomato sauce
1/2 tspn chilli powder
1 tspn garlic granules
1/2 tbsp french mustard
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 slice seeded granary bread (weighed 47g)
ground black pepper (I shook the container twice - is that 2 dashes!)
1 tbsp ground flax seeds

Break up bread into small pieces and put all ingredients except flax seeds together in a saucepan and simmer for six mins stirring occasionally to help break up the bread and beans. Then mash until smooth. Leave until cool and then stir in the ground flax seeds. Enjoy

I enjoyed this in a granary sandwich with lettace, grated carrot, sprouted pulses and pickled beetroot. Very nice, but woundn't not of been enought without the extras with the pate. I could of easily eaten more. This would also be good warm on toast or jacket potatoes. If I served it this way, I would add the ground flax seed on serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment