Bread Salad

Couldn't decide wheather to make the panzanella from weezls cheap family meals or a tuscan tomato and bread salad I saw in a book in the library. Anyhow I decided as I liked the idea of balsamic vinegar from the panzanella recipe, but the fresh tomatoes from the tuscan bread salad, I would make my own version based on both recipes and the fresh herbs I have growing. Here is what I did:

240g stale bread cubed
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp rapeseed vegetable oil
135g cherry tomatoes, chopped
42g cucumber
8g fresh sage chopped
0.5g thyme including flowers, striped of the stems
7g parsley, chopped
7g chives including flowers, chopped
sprinkle of black pepper

Combined all and left in fridge for a couple of hours for the flavours to settle into the bread.
Well I ate it, but its not something I would fancy, its basically because I didn't like the bread soaked in olive oil much, not suprising as I don't like olives.

I am sure others would like it, if you like olive oil, so thats why I chose to post it. Of course I am sure you could reduce the oil, use different oils, use more vinegar or perhaps cider vinegar and use just one herb such as basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment