Lentil pate

Got 'Vegan cooking for everyone by Leah Leneman' out the library today. Its looks a good book and full of lovely recipes. I made the lentil pate today with just a couple of minor changes.

115 whole-wheat bread (I used granary)
115g red lentils
285 ml water
1 onion
2 tbsp veg oil (I used 1 rapeseed and 1 olive oil)
1 tbsp tahini
1 tsp dried rosemary (I used mixed herbs)
1/2 tsp dried thyme (I used mixed herbs)
pinch of nutmeg (I used mixed spice)
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley (I forgot to go and get some out of the garden, so missed this out)
1 tbsp miso (I used soya sauce)

Break bread up and cover with water and leave to soak.
Cook lentils in water for 15 mins.
Chop onion and saute in oil for 5 mins
Add onions to lentils. Drain bread and squeeze out water. Add to lentils and onions.
Stir in tahini, herbs, spice and cook over low heat for 5 mins.
Stir in parsley and miso/soya sauce.
Turn into a oiled bread pan and bake for 30 mins at 350F/180C/Gas 5.
Cool. Enjoy on sliced bread of crackers.

I also made bread today, so this pate was served on slices of homemade bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment