Moroccan-style roasted vegetables

I roasted vegetables for the first time yesterday!! I have only ever roasted potatoes. I did roast them for about 5 minutes too long, but still enjoyed them.

As I was in a hurry to get them in the oven I only did enough for one, as there was only me eating anyway. I did intend to make double and add the rest to vegetable stock to make a roasted vegetable soup which my auntie gave me the idea for. So will try this next time. This is what I used.
1 red onion chopped
1 sweet potato, cubed
2 squirts garlic paste
olive oil to drizzle over
1/2 tsp chilli powder(could of used more)
fresh chives, chopped
fresh sage, chopped

couscous
hot water (next time I will use hot vegetable stock)
lemon juice
black pepper

Put the vegetables on a oven tray and drizzle oil over. Sprinkle with chilli and herbs and mix.
Roast at 200C/400F/Gas 6 for 20 mins.
After 10 minutes put couscous in a bowl and add hot water and leave covered for about 10 minutes. Fluff up the couscous, add lemon and black pepper and top with roasted veg and serve whilst still warm.

Don't know if this would be moroccan enough to be classed as a dish for the eat uk eating around the world food recipes. Must work on some of those recipes, so many dishes to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment