Tomato orzo pasta 'risotto'

I started out making tomato soup today, even peeled a few tomatoes which I don't usually bother with. Anyhow, it turned out nothing like tomato soup, so I though it would make a good tomato and herb stock, so I cooked orzo pasta, onion, tomatoes and tomato stock and it was yummy. Served with steamed veg for a dinner or on its own for lunch. It a cross between a pasta bake an a pilaf/risotto. I could be baked in the oven if you want to free up some time.

1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
250g orzo pasta
400g can tomatoes, chopped
450-500ml stock
fresh parsley and black pepper to serve.

Fry onion and garlic in the oils. Add rest of ingredients and bring to boil. Simmer for 20 minutes stirring often, so as not to stick to frying pan and adding extra water or stock as needed. Sprinkle with black pepper and fresh parsley to serve.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment