Walnut pate

Another pate today. Adapted from a recipe for pecan pate in 'Vegan cooking for everyone by Leah Leneman'


I liked the idea of this one as it doesn't need cooking and its far too hot to cook today. I chose to make this one also, as I have a lot of breadcrumbs from the rolls I made yesterday that where to crusty to eat, as I forgot to take them out before the bread!


115g walnuts
115g bread to make breadcrumbs
2 small carrots, grated
1 small onion
2 tsp tomato puree
1 tsp yeast extract
2 tbsp of fresh parsley
3 tbsp of hot water


In a food processor make your bread into breadcrumbs. Put into a large bowl. Then add the walnuts to the food processor and whizz them into powder. Add to bowl. Then peel the onion and put onion in the food processor and whizz to chop finely. Add to bowl. Grate the carrots and chop the parsley and add to bowl. Dissolve the tomato puree and yeast extract in a cup with 1 tbsp of hot water, then pour over mixture. Add 2 more tbsp water to the cup to get the last bits of flavour and pour over mixture. Mix with a spoon and press down to a pate texture with the back of a spoon. Put in the fridge for 2 hours.

Although I like this, next time I will cook the onions as the taste of raw onions is very strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment