Chestnut, wheat and bean bake

This idea came from a bulgur wheat and chestnut bake, but I thought it needed something else. So I have used different amounts and additional ingredients to make a one dish meal.

This may not apeal to everyone and may sound odd with the baked beans added. I thought it looked a bit dry, so this was my quick solution. This is what I used:

70g frozen chestnuts
100g bulgur wheat
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tbsp dried mixed herbs
frozen mixed vegetables chopped small - carrots, green beans, peas and sweetcorn
1 can baked beans
black pepper to taste

Pour hot water over the bulgur wheat for it to expand. I then poured hot water over the chestnuts and frozen veg to help defrost. I then fried the chopped onion in the oil. I then took the chestnuts out of the water and chopped up smaller. Then mix all the ingredients together and bake at 350/180/Gas 4 for about 30 minutes. This could be served with veg, but I thought it was ideal as a one pot dish. Serve with gravy (optional).

No comments:

Post a Comment