Precycling and Upcycling

You may never have to recycle again!! Recycling is supposed to be one of the best things for the planet, but it also has its own footprint. Its takes a lot of energy to recycle, so why not precycle/upcycle.

Before you thow that jar/can in the recycling bin think about turning it into something else. A good wash, a bit of paper and crafty bits and some creativity and you can turn your recyclables into unique items for your home or presents. Such as this pin cushion or this pencil holder calender.

Decorate a jar or empty tall yogurt pop, wash and take off the label. Cover in handmade mulberry paper, some buttons or other fancy crafty bits and some ribbon and a fancy label tag and fill with epson salts and a few petals and give as a nice bath salts gift.

Making homemade jam, sauces etc is also a good use for the jars, but if you don't want to make homemade jam etc, why not pass on your jars to someone that does using freegle.

Why not decorate a biscuit or chocolate tin left over from christmas and make survival kits for presents

A friend of mine has just started a new years resolution upcycle challenge where she plans to upcycle clothes, food etc and not buy any new clothes for a year, just crafty bits to do the projects, check out her website and blog for inspiration. Or why not follow and do the same or something similar. I shall be doing more upcycling this year and we plan to get a group of us doing the same via Preston Green Centre. I will post what I do as I do it.

Enjoy precycling........

3 comments:

  1. Hello! Great post..I'm always keen on recycling, but these precycling/upcycling ideas are fab :)

    I think I've met you before - Sandra, right?
    I have had your blog on my 'follow' list for a while now as I added lots of vegan recipe blogs for some inspiration (keep meaning to try out some of yours).
    I visit/help out at the green centre...recently came along and made the first official purchase from you of some lovely chocolate, hehe :)

    Didn't realise this blog was yours though til I just saw the pic!

    Hope you're well and that the green centre is going OK, I'm sure I'll be there again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph, Fancy that you have been following my blog and we have met twice and we didn't know!! We plan upcycling events at the green centre, so I guess you may come and join us. Hopefully start last week in Jan or first in February. Will let you know. Hope you enjoyed the chocolate, see you soon.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. im saving all my cans for next Christmas. i saw a really cute can with a painted snowman on it with a little plaid scarf on a blog. it looked SO simple! i cant wait. ill go check out freegle right now. cute blog!

    ReplyDelete