Another version of courgette houmous

I came across this recipe and wanted to make a version of my own based on it and with less tahini (as I don't like it!)

My first attempt is here and I did like that, but still too much tahini taste for me. I guess I could of just missed it out, but I reduced it again and slightly changed the quantities and ingredients.

My second version.

1 courgette, chopped
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 ½ tsp cumin
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 tbsp cashew butter
2 slices bread

Whizz together and serve. I would only use 1 slice of bread and then if you need to thicken it more, add the other. If by any chance you make it too thick, add a drop more oil.

I prefer this version to the first, but I think next time, as I like playing with recipes, I will miss the tahini out altogether and use more nut butter and see how it turns out!





No comments:

Post a Comment