Apple and Avocado green thickie

Green thickies are a great way to feel full and get lots of nutrition in one go. Also ideal on the go if taken in a flask/drinks container like I sometimes do. See Green Thickies for more information. I usually base my thickies on the basic green thickie recipe guide on this page.


2 cups fortified soya milk
2 cups kale
1 apple, core removed (although I could of used everything apart from the stalk)
1 avocado
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup flaked almonds
1/4 cup dates
a sachet of stevia
I thinned it down with a little more soya milk as I was taking a flask and it tends to thicken if made in advance.


Blend the kale and soya milk first and then the rest of the ingredients one at a time until all blended. This is what I did, but please visit Green Thickies for more information and recipes. This makes 1 - 1 1/2  servings.

I filled my flask just over 2/3 full and topped up with soya milk for my lunch and had the rest as a mid morning snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment