Blackberry and Mint Thickie

Went to the co-op last night and got some giant blackberries reduced. About 3 times the size of the ones you see growing wild. However these are nice and sweet, rather than tart. So I looked on the green thickies site this morning for inspiration and found this blackberry thickie which looked quite nice, but I didn't have any basil. So was wondering if I could use mint as I have it growing and as I was pondering this thought I was looking through the daily recipes I received and there was one for blackberry and mint fruit leather, so my answer came to me and I did a version of the blackberry thickie from green thickies using mint instead of basil and as I only had 1 cup of blackberries, I added in a apple, as I know apples go well with blackberries.


This is my slightly different version to serve one.

1 cup water
1/2 cup mint leaves
1 tbsp ground almonds
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup oats
1 cup blackberries
1 apple

Blend the ingredients in the order listed and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment