Blueberry chocolate green thickie

Following on from yesterdays green thickie, I thought i'd make another version with blueberries, with a few slight changes.

This is the recipe that inspired me to make this thickie and the chocolate green thickie I did yesterday. I know how good broccoli and kale are for you, but do find it difficult to eat them regularly. I find the best way for me is in a green smoothie/thickie.
Green thickies are a great way to feel full and get lots of nutrition in one go. Also ideal on the go if taken in a flask/drinks container like I sometimes do. See Green Thickies for more information. I usually base my thickies on the basic green thickie recipe guide on this page. But today I took a smoothie recipe and adapted it into a thickie.


2 cups fortified soya milk
1 cup broccoli frozen
1 cup kale
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 frozen banana
1 tbsp cocoa
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 cup oats
1/4 cup flaked almonds
1/4 cup dates


This made 3 glass fulls.

Blend the broccoli and soya milk first and then the rest of the ingredients one at a time until all blended. This is what I did, but please visit Green Thickies for more information and recipes. This makes 2 servings.




No comments:

Post a Comment