Carrot cake overnight oats

Overnight Oats weekly recipe - week 2

Was looking at the list of overnight oats on buzzfeed and saw there was one for carrot cake overnight oats. However I was disappointed to see it was overnight oats with 1/2 carrot cake muffin on the top. So I set about making a carrot cake overnight oats and it was delicious. I have now made two versions one with added cashews to the soaking mixture. The top one I served with flaked almonds and ready to eat apricots and second one I served with banana and coconut.

Not the best of pictures, but it was very yummy. As you can see I like to add extra milk and make mine very milky, this of course is optional. This is what I did.

Put in a dish
1/2 cup oats
1 1/2 tsp flax seed
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1 cup soya milk
1 small carrot grated
1 tbsp sweet freedom
2 tbsp raisins
1 - 2 tbsp cashews (optional)

Mix and leave in fridge overnight

In the morning I add extra soya milk and top which toppings to suit. I have tried banana and coconut and flaked almonds and ready to eat apricots. Serve either cold or warm up in the microwave to serve.

Other options I fancy trying

adding some nuts such as walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, chopped hazelnuts,cashews
adding other fruit such as pineapple pieces or a chopped apple
using other milks such as almond, vanilla soya milk, hazelnut or coconut milks

Will definitely do this one again and try some of the variations. I may even have it for a dessert or snack if I half the recipe. I think walnuts would make it more carrot cake like, but as I didnt' have any I used cashews.

Another overnight oats recipe I've done since this one is a Christmas style overnight oats and there will be more to come. I plan to do a new overnight oats every week, probably to be posted on a Friday. My other overnight oats recipes.

We are on facebook. We have a page and a chat room. Please feel free to join us.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting something that makes sense - the original you saw is something I could not imagine either creating or eating. :-) This sounds very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipe is awesome and thank you so much for sharing it with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete