Christmas Overnight Oats

Overnight Oats weekly recipe - week 3


After my success with a carrot cake overnight oats, I was thinking along the lines of Christmas pudding, mince pies and Christmas cake. These all have in common mixed dried fruit and spices, so I thought this would be a good theme. I just used raisins in mine, but dried fruit with mixed peel would be more Christmassy. So the dried fruit and spices represent the cake, the wild cherries I used represent the glace cherries, the apricots represent the apricot jam, the ground almonds represent the marzipan and the coconut cream represent the icing!

Put in a dish
3/4 cup oats
1 1/2 tsp flax seed
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup soya milk
2 tbsp ground almonds
2 dried apricots, chopped
3 tbsp raisins (or mixed fruit with or without peel)

Mix and leave in fridge overnight

In the morning add toppings to suit.

6 cherries, pitted and halved (I used wild cherries, but fresh or frozen (defrosted) would be ok)
a sprinkle of dessciated coconut
2 tsp coconut cream (coconut milk put in fridge to thicken - this separates the coconut solids from the water. This can then be served as coconut cream. I just drink the water)

Serve either cold or warm up in the microwave to serve.

Other options I fancy trying

adding some nuts such as walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, chopped hazelnuts,cashews
adding other fruit such as pineapple pieces or a chopped apple
using other milks such as almond, vanilla soya milk, hazelnut or coconut milks

Will definitely do this one again and try some of the variations. I may even have it for a dessert or snack if I half the recipe.

I plan to do a new overnight oats post every week. Probably on Thursday or Friday mornings, so please follow my blog if you want to get new overnight oats breakfast ideas. My other overnight oats recipes.


We are on facebook. We have a page and a chat room. Please feel free to join us.

1 comment:

  1. Looks sooo good!! I love overnight oats - thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete