CRON-O-Meter

I used CRON-O-Meter to track my food intake on yesterday. Once I had entered my breakfast green thickie and my homemade bean and salad sandwich I was very much pretty on schedule for the whole day. The nutrients clearly lacking (apart from Iodine which I take a supplement for as I don't really use iodized salt or seaweed) was vitamin B5 and potassium. I knew bananas was a good potassium source so added in a banana snack and then went on to look at what else I could use in my evening meal to get the required nutrients. I had already decided I was having tofu with sweet potato and vegetables, but this was just a rough outline at this stage.

So high sources of B5 are:

bran (rice and wheat), sunflower seeds, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and avocados. Other sources are sweet potato, cannelini beans, sweetcorn and peas.

and highest sources of potassium are:

white beans, green leafy veg, baked potatoes with skin, dried apricots, baked acorn squash, avocado, mushrooms and bananas. Other potassium rich foods are dried herbs, sun dried tomato, cocoa, dark chocolate, paprika and chili powder, yeast extract, molasses, rice bran, dry roasted soybeans, seaweed, pistachios, chestnuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, watermelon seeds, coconut water, orange juice, raw brussel sprouts, palm hearts, dried figs and dates.

So lots of things I eat anyway, it was just a matter of looking what I had in and creating my dinner meal based around them. So my tofu scramble ended up with apricots, chili powder, mixed herbs, kale, brocoli, almond butter and a sprinkle of flax seed on top. Recipe will be posted next week of not sooner.

Due to playing with what I needed to complete the day knowing what I had had for breakfast and made for my lunch I ended up going over in calories for the day. I plan to play with this more and get the calories down whilst keeping the nutrients high.

My nutrients was for Tuesday 30th July
Water 100%
Protein 237% (with the amino acides ranging form 140% - 379%)
Vitamins
B1 - 228%
B2 - 238%
B3 - 236%
B5  - 101%
B12 - 364%
Folate - 148%
A - 331%
C - 403%
D - 161%
E - 166%
K - 468% - way over, maybe too much, will have to look into this
Minerals
Calcium - 244%
Copper - 507%
Iron - 175%
Magnesium 242%-
Manganese - 712% - way over, maybe too much, will have to look into this
Phosphorus - 286%
Potassium - 122%
Selenium - 392%
Sodium - 92% - the only one not to meet 100%
Zinc - 197%

2 comments:

  1. Hi, how many calories did you eat this day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry no idea. This was almost 3 years ago and I have no record.

      Delete