Raspberry Swiss Chard Thickie

Green thickies are a great way to feel full and get lots of nutrition in one go. Also ideal on the go if taken in a flask/drinks container like I sometimes do. See Green Thickies for more information. I usually base my thickies on the basic green thickie recipe guide on this page.

Raspberry swiss chard (beet greens) thickie
Serves 2

1 cup swiss chard (beet greens including stalk from one beetroot)
2/3 cup water
1 1/3 cup soya milk
1 banana
1 punnet raspberries
3 tbsp ground flaxseed
1/4 cup raisins


Blend the greens and water/soya milk first and then the rest of the ingredients one at a time until all blended. If you find the greens overtake the raspberries, you can add some stevia to sweeten. This is what I did, but please visit Green Thickies for more information and recipes. This makes slightly under 1 litre and serves 2. I am having this for breakfast today and saving the other one until tomorrow.

I added 3tbsp of ground flaxseed to cover the 2 days requirment for omega 3's. I know won't need to sprinkle any flax on any other meals today or tomorrow as its all covered in my breakfast thickie.

No comments:

Post a Comment