Black Forest Gateau Pudding Overnight Oats

Overnight Oats Recipe No 7

Is this a breakfast, pudding, smoothie or thickie, well its really a combination of all of them! This is the first time I have done this flavour combination.

 


Layer One - the chocolate layer

1/2 cup oats (use gluten free oats, if your gluten intolerent)
1 cup koko coconut beverage milk (could use milk made from almonds and water to make this less processed and more raw). You can also use any other milk alternative.
1/2 tbsp ground flax seed
2 tbsp cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
1 small banana

Place all in a blender and blend until smooth. Put in fridge overnight.



Layer Two - the cherry oats layer

1/2 cup oats (use gluten free oats, if your gluten intolerent)
1/2 cup koko coconut beverage milk (could use almond milk made from almonds and water)
1/2 tbsp ground flax seed
1/2 cup cherries, chopped (fresh or frozen)

Chop or process the cherries to break down into a paste. Then mix all in a bowl and leave in fridge overnight



Cream topping

I soaked cashew nuts overnight and then blended with a drop of water. This was a bit grainy and could be due to my food processer not being at its best.
OR
I used coconut cream on my second attempt. I put a can in the fridge overnight. Then I took the solids and you can just use as is, or whip it up to form peaks. Picture shows coconut milk solids


To decorate
Cherries (1/4c - 1/2c) and flaked almonds

Soak the cashews overnight so there ready to whip up in a food processor in the morning. Or put a can of coconut milk in the fridge, ready to use in the morning.
Layer the oats, cream and chocolate layers alternatively in a pretty glass incorporating some cherries in between the layers and leave in the fridge overnight.

Serve with cherries and flaked almonds.

Serve 2 for breakfast or 2 or 3 for dessert! (Picture one shows 1 portion and picture two shows two protions)




I plan to do one or two new overnight oats post every week. Probably on Thursday or Friday mornings, so please follow my blog if you want to get new overnight oats breakfast ideas. My other overnight oats recipes. Next week however I plan to do three, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning. So watch this space for more breakfast pudding ideas.

Featured on Healthy Vegan Friday Raw Food ThursdayWellness Weekend and Whole Food Fridays

   We are on facebook. We have a page and a chat room. Please feel free to join us.

6 comments:

  1. Serious yum!!! Excited for more oats recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, wow another one of my favourite flavour combinations! You're on a roll with these overnight oats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! I shared overnight oats as well this week, but I just adore the flavors in yours! I'll be featuring it at Raw Foods Thursdays tomorrow. Thanks so much for submitting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe sounds absolutely wonderful - it's something I'll definitely have to try.

    I've been making my own nut butters for a while, and I think the problem with your cashew topping may be that you didn't let the processor run long enough. I haven't tried cashew butter yet, but not letting the processor run long enough is definitely a problem when making almond butter and hazelnut butter. So you might want to try the cashews again and just let the processor run longer. Also make sure you scrape down the sides of the work bowl. What I've learned from various sources as well as my own experience is that if you run the processor long enough eventually it will extract the oil so the butter becomes shiny. If you can get it that far, the texture should not be grainy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip Jesusan. I guess I've been too lazy to wait. Will definitely try the cashew cream again using your advice

    ReplyDelete