Fruity Overnight Oats

Overnight Oats Recipe No 10

Not a fancy one this week. I knew I would have little time to make it or eat it for that matter!!

Stage one, night before


Stage 2 - This is how it looks in the morning


and this is how it looks mixed up. I had also transferred it to a pyrex dish to take with me to work to have on my morning break.

1/2 cup oats
2/3 cup non dairy milk 
1 tbsp ground flax seed
mixed fruit, fresh or frozen

Mix the oats, milk and flax in a bowl. Then add fruit. I used frozen and had blackberries, cherries, strawberries, raspberries, redcurrants and blackcurrants and leave overnight in the fridge. As I used frozen the juices ran into the oats a little, which is good. I had also put a layer in between the oats as well as on top. Mix it up a little in the morning and enjoy!

I plan to do one (occasionally two) new overnight oats post every week, sometimes quite traditional and sometimes a pudding style one. Probably on Thursday or Friday mornings, so please follow my blog if you want to get new overnight oats breakfast ideas. My other overnight oats recipes.

Featured on Healthy Vegan Fridays and Raw Food Thursdays
We are on facebook. We have a page and a chat room. Please feel free to join us.

3 comments:

  1. Delicious! Love how quick and easy it is to use frozen berries too. Sometimes it makes the milk icy in the morning. (This is a great series!) Come share at RFT!

    http://www.glutenfreecat.com/2013/08/raw-foods-thursdays-82913/

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I ate this 2x this week. LOVE! I will be sharing it at Raw Foods Thursdays tomorrow. Maybe I need to do a 9 day tour through all of your overnight oats recipes. That would be so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds good! glad your enjoying the series

    ReplyDelete