Overnight Mint Chocolate Pudding Oats

Overnight Oats Weekly Recipe - Week 5

This is a cross between a chocolate pudding and overnight oats. Both are made and layered into glasses. This is very yummy and it makes me want to do daily overnight pudding oats, rather than weekly!


Layer One - the chocolate and mint layer

1/2 cup oats (gluten free if your gluten intolerent)
1 cup soya milk (could use milk made from almonds and water to make this less processed and more raw)
1 tbsp ground flax seed
2 tbsp cocoa powder (or cacao powder to make it raw)
6 mint leaves or more to taste (try with 6 and then taste before adding any more)
1 small banana
4-5 dates to sweeten

Place all in a blender and blend until smooth.

Layer Two - the oats layer

1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup soya milk (could use almond milk made from almonds and water)

Mix in a bowl.

Layer the oats and chocolate layers alternatively in a pretty glass and leave in the fridge overnight. Serve with whatever extras you like. I sprinkled unsweetened desiccated coconut and pineapple pieces on mine.

Serve 1 for breakfast or 2 for dessert!


My other overnight oats recipes.


We are on facebook. We have a page and a chat room. Please feel free to join us.

   
   

7 comments:

  1. I love your twist on overnight oats! And I'm a huge fan of dessert for breakfast too! :) This is one of those "almost raw" recipes. Would you be interested in sharing it at Raw Foods Thursdays? We'd love for you to join in!

    http://www.glutenfreecat.com/2013/08/raw-foods-thursdays-8713/

    Hope to see you there!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks great.I'll try this.Thank you..Love from sujatha here in India..:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like the perfection combination--and who doesn't want healthy pudding for breakfast? Looks awesome! Can't wait to add it to my overnight oats rotation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you shared this!!! I'm going to highlight this recipe this week at Raw Foods Thursdays. Thanks for such a creative recipe!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love mint choc chip so this would be right up my street. I've also started eating some of my green thickies in a bowl with a spoon as it feels more like food and less like a drink. This looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum!!! I have some extra mint that this would be perfect for! I love creative oat recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks perfect for a hot summer day!. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete