Mini grain and pulse challenge for me

When I moved house just over a year ago I stocked up on pulses and grains and some of them have hardly been used or not used at all. So I have set myself a challenge of using them up.

red lentils  - I used these tonight to make a homemade veggie chili - so these are now used up. I have an extra portion of the chili too, so one less meal to cook.

moong dahl - haven't used this at all, bought it to make kitcheree, which I used to eat almost every day. Will have to get back into making it and try something else too.

basmati rice - I do use this when having a stir try, but hope to use it in other ways too.

chickpeas dried - I only ever sprout these, but as I am less likely to have salads as the weather is getting colder, I think I may cook these up or look at making raw houmous something I have always wanted to try.

brown lentils - again something I normally sprout, but will find a recipe to cook some

mung beans - again something I normally sprout, but will find a recipe to cook some

bulgar wheat - I do use this and used it recently when I made citrus chickpea medley

couscous - as above I used it quite a bit and used it recently when I made apple chickpea medley

millet - bought it to make spicy millet and salad, but havne't bothered with this meal since moving. So I need to either do this old staple or try something new, or both!

quinoa - not tried it yet, however I have saved many recipe and downloaded a free ebook with quinoa recipes, so I should find a few things to try.

Any suggestions for lovely vegan recipes for me to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment