Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cheesecake Style Overnight Oats

Overnight Oats Recipe No 15

Another pudding inspired overnight oats. This week its inspired by peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake. Can't believe i've got to no 15 already, I have the next dozen planned as well!

The night before soak the oats, everything else can be added the following morning.

This has several layers and can all be made in the morning except the plain oats section if you wish.

Bottom biscuit layer

1/4 cup dates
1/4 cup pecans or walnuts

Whizz up in a food processor to a biscuit crumb consistency and layer at the bottom.

Oats layer

1/2 cup oats
2/3 cup non dairy milk 
1 tbsp ground flax seed

Mix the oats, milk and flax in a bowl. The next morning add it on top of the dates and pecan mix.

Peanut butter and chocolate layer

1/2 cup cashews
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp Sweet Freedom Mild Syrup (like bee free honee in america) or agave syrup 
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
sprinkle of cocoa powder to decorate (optional)


Grind the cashews in a food processor to a powder, not for too long thought, don't want them turning into cashew butter! Add the vanilla extract and sweet freedom or whichever liquid sweetener you are using. (This cream was based on one from Raw Food Kitchen: Natural Recipes for Health and Vitality and she actually used 4 tbsp of raw agave syrup, but I didn't want to make this costly or too sweet, so I reduced it to two.) and about half the water and process, adding more if necessary. I used all 1/4 cup, but I think I should of used a little less. Because I was only making a small amount my large food processor didn't cope very well with making this smooth, was a little grainy as half of it was under the blades, however it tasted good and that is what mattered to me. So bare this in mind. I guess I would of been better making double and using the rest for a dessert. Then add the peanut butter and process until incorporated. Pour out half of this onto the top of your oats layer, I poured it on one side only. The add the cocoa to the rest and process until incorporated and pour on the other half of the oats. I then swirled them together using a spoon and sprinkle cocoa on top. Then either refrigerate or eat!


Makes one portion

I post one or two new overnight oats post every week, sometimes quite traditional and sometimes a pudding style one. Usually on a Thursday or Friday mornings, so please follow my blog if you want to get new overnight oats breakfast ideas. My other overnight oats recipes.

Featured on Raw Foods ThursdayHealthy Vegan Fridays and Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays
We are on facebook. We have a page and a chat room. Please feel free to join us.

3 comments:

  1. Woah, decadent! Do you eat these for breakfast?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I do eat these for breakfast, not everyday though. I come up with a new dessert style once or twice a week and post them on a Wednesday or Thursday usually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to have this for dessert! Yumilicious!

    ReplyDelete