Apple Pie Inspired Overnight Oats

A seasonal apple recipe for this weeks overnight oats. This is just a simple overnight oats with apple and spices added. No layers this week, but you could layer it if you want, but as I just mix it all in to eat, I didn't bother.


I make up the oats the night before. Then assemble in the morning. 

The night before soak the oats. 

Oats

1/2 cup oats
2/3 cup non dairy milk 
1 tbsp ground flax seed (or chia seeds if you prefer)

Mix the oats, milk and flax in a bowl. Leave in fridge overnight and they are then ready to be assembled in the morning.

I then added to the oats chopped apple (1 large or 2 small), a tbsp or two of raisins and a tsp of mixed spice. I used raw apple, but you could use cooked or apple sauce if you prefer. I then just mixed it in. As it was extremely cold this morning I warmed this in the microwave for 1 minute to take the cold edge off it and added a dash of dried ginger.  I usually leave it to come to room temperature, but as it was 10am I didn't want to wait any longer! Mix in and enjoy!


Makes one portion

I have been posting new overnight oats post every week, but as its now getting cold, I think I will just do them occasionally. I still have quite a few ideas, but with work hours and the cold weather making me crave warm food, they will now be less frequent. My other overnight oats recipes. We are also on facebook if you wish to follow and get involved in different discussions and giveaways!

Featured on Raw Foods Thursdays, Healthy Vegan Fridays, The Weekend Re-Treat and Wellness Weekend
We are on facebook. We have a page and a chat room. Please feel free to join us.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to do them at night so it's easy in the morning. I love ideas like this. Thanks for sharing on the weekend re-Treat link party!

    Britni @ Play. Party. Pin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raw foods certainly get a little less inspiring when it's cold, right? I totally understand! I'm finding that just popping the overnight oats in the dehydrator while I shower takes the cold edge off too.
    Highlighting this at tomorrow's Raw Foods Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete