Cookbook review - Vegetarian Tagines and Couscous


Currently working through recipes from this book that I just got from the library. Its not a vegan book, but is easily veganised, as usually its just butter used.

So far I have made
Dried fruit and nuts with lime and coriander which was very yummy and I used what was leftover in a stir fry
spicy roasted pumpkin wedges which I added to what I was already having as a extra vegetable

pumpkin, apple, sultana tagine with chermoula (but using sweet potato instead) which I served with bulgar wheat and extra vegetables.

Tonight i'm making 'carrot and potato with peas' stew

Also want to make roasted carrot dip; tagines (making as stews as I don't have a tagine) - cauliflower and chickpea; aubergine and courgette with apricots and dates; spicy carrot and chickpeas; roasted potatoes, onion and fennel; yam, shallots, garlic and prunes with orange. Also want to do at least one couscous recipes and the lemon and orange with walnuts and pomegranate seeds sounds nice!

So why not see if your library has it and try some of these nice stews (I don't have a tagine so they are being cooked as stews!)




No comments:

Post a Comment