UK Treats - Guide Seven Other supermarkets!

THIS IS IN WORKING PROGRESS, PLEASE MAKE SUGGESTIONS. I WOULD PREFER IT TO BE A WORKING DOCUMENT, THAN NEVER GETTING IT FINISHED.


Booths

( I don't live near one, so this info is from followers and what I pick up on forums I follow)

I have been told they sell vegan mince pies (seasonal), They always have a good free from section and sell lots of vegan chocolate. Some Booths also sell vegan donuts.

Budgen 

( I don't live near one, so this info is from followers and what I pick up on forums I follow)

I have been told they sell vegan hot cross buns (seasonal) and mince pies (seasonal)

Farm Foods

So far I have only spotted this apple strudel

They sell a good selection of biscuits including oreos, jammy dodgers, hills bisuits and more. They also sell own brand short crust and flaky pastry that looks vegan. They also sell a 100g bar of vegan dark 70% cocoa chocolate, ruffle bars, frys chocolate bars and sometimes other vegan chocolate.

They sell pastry and fruit for making your own pies!

Home bargains

apple pie cookies and lots of other yummy biscuits such as hills orange creams, hills digestive creams and more, lemon puffs, peanut cookies with chocolate stripes (can't remember the brand name)
flapjacks - oats satisfy and Highates coconut and cherry and plain. 29p each



Its just one of those stores thats worth checking regularly, because some bargains only last a day and I have had many vegan finds from here. Currently mostly savoury, but you never know unless you look! In the past I have had soya milk for 5p and 29p and organic canned beans for 19p, so definately worth a look.

Likewise for B and M stores


Iceland



Iceland own brand apple strudels

They also stock Aunt Bessies apple and winter crumbles.






 close up












Not a dessert, but something sweet you can get there and don't need to cook -  biscuits (currently 7/2/14 on offer for 2 for £1 mix and match). Vegan ones spotted are pink wafer, bourbons, hobnobs, jammy dodgers, fruity shortbread, ginger.

Sweeties too! They also have bags of ruffle chocolates and vimto sweets.


 

 


Poundstretchers


I am yet to check this out throughily as my local one has been having a refit. I know they sell many biscuits and sometimes jellies in pots. At the moment they have some vegan sweets including the goody good stuff. 200g bags for £1





Spar


We are on facebook. We have a page and a chat room. Please feel free to join us.
This is one of many supermarket guides. Click on supermarkets to view other guides.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this, it's super helpful. I've just added a load more stuff to my Aldi shopping list :)
    www.thevegantaff.com

    ReplyDelete