Scrambled tofu made with Vegg

As you will know I got a free pack of Vegg to review and a cookbook. So the next recipe for me to try was scrambled tofu as a Thursday is have a different breakfast day in this household!

The recipe was basically tofu, Vegg, spring onions and seasoning. I didn't have any spring onions, but don't remember having used them when making scrambled eggs before becoming a vegan, so thought i'd just miss them out.

As per the instructions I used half a pack of tofu, but there was far to much Vegg mixture to the tofu. Now this is where I was wishing I had replaced the spring onions with something else. But anyway I decided to add the other half pack in to see if this improved it.

As you can see, so much better and really like the texture of scrambled tofu now. I served it on toast.
I was very pleased with the texture and taste of this. The Vegg really does give it a eggy taste, far more than the turmeric version I have been doing for the last 20 years!
I would recommend the Vegg for scrambled tofu.
I am giving a copy of The Vegg and The Vegg cookbook away during February, see this post for details.
Open to UK only residents this time and closes at the end of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment