Brazilian Black Bean Soup

As the World Cup kicks off tonight with a home game in Brazil, I thought i'd have a Brazilian inspired dinner. I made the Brazilian Black Bean Soup from my eating around the during the world cup food article

I used kidney beans though as the shop I normally get them from was out of stock. So kidney beans it was and it made it cheaper anyway. Maybe not so Brazilian now, but still tasty. The recipe says 6-8 portions, but I halved it and expected 3-4 and only got 2 portions! I didn't use as much garlic, because I only had 2 cloves, so can not comment on if 10 cloves would of been too much. The cumin was just right though.

Then to top of my Brazilian theme I made a Strawberry Batida Brazilian Cocktail for my dessert, which was basically strawberries, coconut milk and rum.

This months giveaway on facebook is a book again, just like top post. Follow link to enter via fb or enter via blog leaving a comment on this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment